Gutenberg Research Elements, JGU’s research information system, systematically collects, records, and brings together information about your research all in one place. It helps to develop and build university-wide research reporting, but also allows you to make the facts of your research activities available on a personal, public profile page.
With Gutenberg Research Elements, not only can you manage your publication data, but also other research information, such as review activities, conference organization, editorials, and other scientific activities. All data can be viewed there at a glance and can easily be linked together and exported as often as you wish.
To collect the data, you have several convenient transfer options from external data sources, such as Web of Science, Pubmed, MLA, RePEc, dblp, ORCID, or Crossref and the JGU Open Access Repository Gutenberg Open Science.
This Is How Gutenberg Research Elements Supports You in Your Scientific Work
- Individually customizable transfer of metadata from external bibliographic data sources
- Automated display of publication lists on personal JGU websites
- Import literature lists from Citavi, EndNote, and BibTeX
- Link publications to all participating authors and to further research information
- Delegation function for data collection
- Export options for individual purposes, e.g. funding applications
- Publish a personal profile page
User Support and Help
We have summarized quick answers to frequently asked questions for you in a handout. The handout is available in German and in English in PDF format. You will also find the document “How to start”, which makes it easier to get started with Gutenberg Research Elements, and the document “Integrate publication lists into websites” in German and in English.
Information Events and Workshops
We offer workshops as regular events:
- Gutenberg Research Elements general training
- Training for Gutenberg Research Elements delegates
- Improving visibility of research activities in Gutenberg Research Elements
Who Is Involved in Providing Gutenberg Research Elements?
Gutenberg Research Elements is provided as part of a cooperation between several JGU institutions. The Data Center (Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung, ZDV), the University Library (Universitätsbibliothek, UB), JGU Reporting (HE 5-BW), and Research and Technology Transfer (FT) are involved.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Franz Rothlauf (Chief Information Officer)
- Dr. Christoph Schneider (Academic Affairs)
- Carsten Allendörfer (Data Center)
- Peter Schneider (Data Center)
- Marko Knepper (University Library)
- Karin Eckert (University Library)
- Maximilian Herms (University Library)
- Laura Lerchner (University Library)
- Dr. Nikolaus Bourdos (Research and Technology Transfer)
You can find more information about the implementation of Gutenberg Research Elements at JGU in the general section of our handout. A blog post has been published about the launch of the system: Einsatz der Softwarelösung „Symplectic Elements“ an der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (FIS & EPUB, in German)
Legal Notice and Data Protection
Legal notice and information on data protection of Gutenberg Research Elements in German and in English can be found in the download area below.
Do you have any questions about how to collect data in Gutenberg Research Elements? Please get in touch with our support team: