The library of the Nazi Party official Martin Bormann, which came to Mainz as a gift from the French military government, formed the basis for the establishment of the University Library in 1946.
Special Collection Martin Bormann
After the end of the war, Martin Bormann’s library was confiscated by the French military government and handed over to the Mainz University Library. Originally scattered over many departmental libraries on campus, the collection was brought together in 2017 and set up as a whole. It had already been scientifically examined as part of a master’s thesis.
Get an overview of the special collection Bormann in the research portal.