What Do I Have to Consider with the Print Version?
- The author’s name is on the front of the title page.
- The publication’s title is on the front of the title page.
- The supervisor’s name is on the back of the title page.
- The second supervisor’s name is on the back of the title page.
- The date of the doctoral examination is on the back of the title page.
- The CV is on the last page of the dissertation or on a supplementary page.
What Do I Have to Consider with the Online Version?
- This is the version that has been reviewed and approved for publication.
- The electronic version must be identical in terms of page and content to the printed version, i.e. citable. Blank pages must be inserted if entire pages, e.g. acknowledgements, have been deleted.
- The author’s name is on the title page.
- The publication’s title is on the title page.
- The electronic version’s page numbers are identical to those of the printed version.
- Figures, quotes, tables, etc. are all included in the electronic version.
- Supervisors’ names: obtain consent if the names are to be published in the publication itself and in the metadata. Otherwise delete the names.
- CV: your data will appear on the Internet. If you do not agree, you can delete the CV. When deleting, please ensure that the pages are identical to the printed version by inserting blank pages if necessary.
- Other personal data, e.g. names, in the publication and in the acknowledgments: obtain the people’s consent or delete the names.
- The electronic version is in PDF format (ideally PDF/A).
- The document is not copy-protected and has no access protection via DRM. According to the specifications of the German National Library, access or copy protection is incompatible with long-term archiving.